Help Desk Status Board
Custom (no 3rd party) Marquee.
The FMOL Marquee is a proof of concept to create a Marquee for our department without third party software. Our native marquee (at the time of this writing) uses a third party application to gather data from various systems.
This is a C# ASP.NET web application. Meant to be a replacement marquee for individual workstations as well as on our large Marquee Wall-boards.
Note: This is an unfinished project that was put on hold due waiting for server resources. Another application is already being put into place within our organization; so this application will end up as a backup plan.
Our current Marquee is hosted by Inova. This application is a third party app that gathers data from multiple locations. Inova is not easy to use and has many features that we do not require. My goal was to create a new Marquee that could gather all necessary data without using a centralized application like Inova.
The FMOL Marquee gathers data from the following locations:
- Cisco Finesse (phone data)
- IBM Informix database.
- Footprints (ticket data)
- SQL database.
- Other screen data
- SQL database.
These features have been fully implemented thus far:
- Full Screen mode for Wall Board displays.
- Switch Marquee.
- Change between data layouts.
- Resize font and spacing.
- Application access is granted based on Active Directory groups.
- Login is achieved via Windows Authentication passthrough.
- All settings get saved to the user’s profile on an SQL server.
Future planned updates if progress continues:
- Theme and color changes per user settings.
- Audio alerts based on Queue times.
- Administration settings to control active features.
- Mini mode to be used in conjunction with the FMOL Assistant application.